The best trampoline for kids isn’t the most expensive model or the same for every child. What’s most important? Safety, durability, and of course, a jumping surface that provides, safe high bouncing for endless fun. Before going into our guide of the best trampolines for your kids, there are a few tips on how to choose a trampoline that we want to discuss.
Tips to Choosing the Right Trampoline
There are a few specifications and technical details that go into choosing the right trampoline for a child. These include:
- Price: Obviously, you’ll need to know what your budget is before buying. You’ll find models for $80, and others as high as $800. Know your budget before you buy.
- Radius: The overall jumping space offered. Indoor models will often have a small radius, while outdoor models can be 14 feet in diameter.
- Weight Capacity: How many kids do you have? Many trampolines are only safe up to a certain weight capacity. If you have multiple kids, always ensure that the weight capacity is appropriate.
- Enclosure: Do you need an enclosure or not? Enclosures are needed to ensure a child doesn’t fall out of the trampoline, but younger children that don’t bounce much may do better with bar trampolines.
- Bars: Smaller children that may not have a high level of balance are best suited for a trampoline that has bars to hold onto.
- Weight: Most parents never think about the weight of the trampoline they buy. If you can’t easily move your trampoline, you won’t be able to bring it indoors if it functions as an indoor / outdoor model. Trampolines with enclosures are often very heavy and will remain outside for most of the year.
- Height: Entry height is a concern. When younger jumpers are going on the mat, they may need to use a step ladder to enter. There are various heights and some that are so small, a 2 year old will be able to enter with relative ease.
- Age: Many models will include a recommended maximum age for using a trampoline. This is very important and should be considered by all parents.
The only tip we highly recommend is when a child is growing, you’ll want to choose a trampoline that provides more than enough room for growth. If a child is 7 and the maximum age limit for a trampoline is 7, you may want to buy a different model. Kids grow fast, and a trampoline can provide years of fun.
The Best Trampoline for Kids
There are dozens of trampolines to choose from that will provide endless hours of fun with the utmost in safety. The right choice for your child will depend on your budget and the type of trampoline you want to buy.
We’ve compiled the best trampolines separated into:
- Enclosure models.
- Bar models.
Best Kids Trampoline with Enclosure
For the utmost in safety, we always recommend a trampoline that comes equipped with an enclosure. These are the best for kids that are a little older due to their larger size and great jumping diameter.
Skywalker 8-Feet Round Trampoline with Safety Enclosure Combo
- Dimensions: 8ft. x 8ft. x 6.5 ft.
- Weight Capacity: 175 pounds.
- Recommended Age: 6 and up.
- Weight: 87 pounds.
What really makes Skywalker stick out from the crowd is the level of detail they put into their trampolines. This model has a safety enclosure that is padded with soft foam to eliminate injuries when jumping near supports and springs. The legs of the trampoline use T-sockets where the joint meets to prevent twisting or breaking.
While rated for outside fun, this model can fit in a basement or in a garage perfectly. This is a model that has a 175 pound weight limit, so it will last from your kid’s formative years until they are well into their teens.
SkyBound Super 7 Trampoline
The SkyBound Super 7 provides a 7 ft. jumping space with a built-in enclosure to ensure all jumpers remain safe. This model can even be used by kids age 3 and up – but can also accommodate older kids. The Super 7 features:
- Dimensions: 6.5 ft. x 7.5 ft.
- Weight Capacity: 220 pounds (warranty covers 110 pound weight limit).
- Recommended Age: 3 and up.
- Weight: 52 pounds.
The manufacturer states that the maximum jumping capacity is 220 pounds, but they will only honor warranties when jumping weight is 110 pounds or lower.
A safety net with a zipper door is included. The areas where support beams are located are heavily padded for added safety while the trampoline is low to the ground for younger jumpers. The only concern is that since this model is so low to the ground, older jumpers will not want to perform jumps where they land in a seated position.
For the younger trampoline lover, the SkyBound Super 7 comes in an exciting color and can fit 3 kids comfortably at one time.
Little Tikes 7′ Trampoline
With a name like Little Tikes, it’s no wonder that this model is made for kids. Its 7 ft. jumping platform is perfect for high jumps, while the safety enclosure is ultra-secure thanks to the high-quality steel poles covered with thick padding. This model has the following features:
- Dimensions: 5.8 ft. x 21.6” x 7.7 ft.
- Weight Capacity: 115 pounds.
- Recommended Age: 3 – 10 years.
- Weight: 74.5 pounds.
With a maximum weight of 115 pounds, this model can fit 3 or more kids aged 3 – 5 with ease. Many parents have also jumped on the trampoline with their children without an issue of breaking. Able to be used by kids up to the age of 10, this is a trampoline that will last for years without needing to be replaced.
Easy to assemble, this model has pads over everything from the safety springs to the enclosure poles. PE netting is used for the enclosure, and the door zips up and down to prevent any kids from falling out of the trampoline’s zippered front.
There is no need for a ladder to enter the enclosure, and a blue, black and red color scheme means that this trampoline will look great in your backyard.
JumpKing Trampoline and Safety Net Enclosure Combo (8′)
- Dimensions: 8 ft.
- Weight Capacity: 200 pounds.
- Recommended Age: 2 and older.
- Weight: 89 pounds.
The mesh enclosure is built-to-last. Using a 4 pole system, the enclosure stays in place without ever worrying about ripping through the mesh or the supports falling in the process. Featuring dual zipper entryways, this model can hold several younger kids, and can be used from the age of 2 well into a child’s teenage years.
Best Kids Trampoline With Bar
While all of the last models had enclosures, the following models all have bars. Bars are better for younger children that have not fully developed the level of balance needed for jumping on regular trampolines.
JumpSport iBounce Kids Trampoline with Tablet Holder
- Dimensions: 48”. x 14” x 4”.
- Weight Capacity: 75 pounds.
- Recommended Age: 2 – 5 years.
- Weight: 16.5 pounds.
Featuring a kid-friendly design, this model is in the shape of a triangle and comes with two handles that resemble tree branches. The green exterior features a cartoon design and a green top that resembles grass. This model even comes with a tablet mount and accompanying videos for kids to watch while they jump and play.
Note: This model is intended for indoor use only.
Pure Fun Race Car Jumper Trampoline
The perfect choice for boys. The Pure Fun Race Car is so cute that even dad will envy his kids as they jump on this trampoline. Red in color, this model resembles a race car and even comes with wheels. This model features:
- Dimensions: 36” x 36” x 32”.
- Weight Capacity: 75 pounds.
- Recommended Age: 4+ years.
- Weight: 24.5 pounds.
A large bar is featured that allows kids to jump while building up their balance muscles. The jumping area is just 2 ft., which keeps your child close to the bar and safe at all times. Sturdy and soft, this model ensures safety with a red cover and pads and can hold kids up to 75 pounds. We recommend this bar model due to its immense level of durability.
The Original Toy Company Fold & Go Trampoline
From box to fully assembled in less than 5 minutes, this is the perfect trampoline for busy parents. The Fold & Go provides a 36” diameter and 150 pound weight limit with a bar that is sturdy and padded. This model features:
- Dimensions: 36” x 36” x 34”.
- Weight Capacity: 150 pounds.
- Recommended Age: 3 and up.
- Weight: 13.2 pounds.
A unique design that is able to be assembled within 5 minutes and meets the USA HR 4040 safety standard, this model is affordable and sturdy with available bar extensions for older kids.
Featuring a 150 pound weight limit, this trampoline can last for years, but the 3 ft. radius is too small for older kids to truly get a good bounce when jumping. This is a very affordable, highly reviewed trampoline that comes with 6 legs for added support, and doesn’t include a bungee cord that is known to break with ease.
Bazoongi Bouncer Trampoline
The ideal choice for her. This beautiful trampoline has protective coverings over the mounting straps and an easily adjustable bar to help kids stay stable when jumping. This model also features a bright pink color with butterfly patterns along the entire outline of the trampoline. The Bazoongi Bouncer features:
- Dimensions: 48” jumping space.
- Weight Capacity: 100 pounds.
- Recommended Age: 4 and up.
- Weight: 19 pounds.
This model features a 48-inch jumping space and a 100 pound weight limit. Sturdy and secure, this model will last for years, and provides the utmost in safety with an adjustable bar and thoroughly padding springs and edges.
Pure Fun Super jumper 48”
If you’re looking for a great item to give your children hours and hours of jumping fun this summer, the Pure Fun Super Jumper is just the thing you’re looking for. It can be used either indoors or outdoors. It’s easy to assemble and can be ready in just minutes. It also comes with a storage bag so you can store your trampoline away without worry. This kids trampoline is great for getting your children off the couch, away from the video games and get them active with hours of raucous jumping play. The Pure Fun Super Jumper trampoline for kids meets all of the US safety standards including ASTM CERTIFICATIONS & HR4040, can accommodate up to 150 pounds, and comes with a one year warranty to ensure you and your children will enjoy plenty of bouncy fun for years to come.
- Dimensions: 48 Inch Diameter Jumping Surface
- Weight Capacity: 150 Pounds Weight Capacity
- Recommended for Ages: 3 to 5
- Adult supervision is required
Not only is this fun and sturdy children’s trampoline ideal for children aged 3 to 5 but it is also a great way to encourage your children to exercise, develop good coordination and motor control. Best of all, the sturdy and well-padded safety handle ensure children can jump with confidence and not lose their balance while they jump the day away. With the Pure Fun Super Jumper trampoline for kids, your children will jump the summer away and return to school in the Fall with new confidence in their physical abilities, ready to meet any challenge that comes their way.
GYMENIST Portable & Foldable trampoline 36”
Few kids trampolines have the durability and the safety that you get with this Portable & Foldable Trampoline by Gymenist. Made with top of the line, weatherproof, long lasting, and lightweight materials- this trampoline for kids is ideal for small children eager to jump and play all day! Both durable and weather resistant, it is great for use either indoors or outdoors, in the yard, garage, in a play room or your children’s bedroom. Best of all, the padded safety handle gives your children the ability to jump with confidence and never lose their balance. The Portable & Foldable Trampoline by Gymenist comes with a comprehensive one year warranty to help ensure your children get the most out of this exciting active toy.
- Dimensions: 35” diaphragm
- Weight capacity: 150-pound
- Recommended for: children between ages 3 & 5
- Adult supervision is required
This Portable & Foldable Trampoline meets all of the US safety standards including ASTM CERTIFICATIONS & HR4040, can accommodate up to 150 pounds. It is specially designed for simplicity of design, which means that your children will not have to wait while you put it together- and that also means superior durability to ensure both safety and long lasting fun.
What’s the best trampoline for kids? The models we reviewed all offer exceptional quality, durability and safety. When choosing a model that comes with a bar, these models are meant for children that are younger or have mobility issues, and will need to be replaced with other models – such as enclosure models – within a few years. Every model we recommend comes with rave reviews by us and other users.